New rules being rolled out on January 1 will affect every aspect of E/M coding. Whether you see patients in the office, a facility, or both, your workflows, EMR templates, and reimbursements will likely be impacted. In this one-hour presentation, Pam D’Apuzzo, Managing Director, VMG Health, provides an overview of the changes along with examples of their impact. Watch now.
- PRPLI President’s Message August 2, 2023
- Fifth Annual Toolkit for Independence Scheduled for March 25 March 2, 2021
- Video: E/M Coding Changes: What’s New for 2021 December 18, 2020
- Ep. 64 Healthcare for All with Wendell Potter September 12, 2021A high-ranking insurance company executive has a crisis of conscience when he visits a "health exposition" at a fairground in rural Tennessee, where he is shocked to see hundreds of people lined up in the rain to obtain free healthcare in animal stalls at the fairground. Wendell Potter left his job and wrote a book, […]
- Ep 63: Concierge Medicine with Michael Tetreault September 6, 2021As a reaction to the less personal world of modern medicine, concierge medicine is an increasingly popular way that doctors are getting in touch with their patients. Michael Tetreault is an expert on this. He is also an author, speaker, and brand strategist, editor in chief of Concierge Medicine Today, co-authored the bestselling book The […]
- COVID-19 and Children with Dr. Sharon Nachman August 30, 2021Just in time for the new school year, Dr. Sharon Nachman shares the important information that parents need to know about keeping our children safe from COVID-19. As Chief of the Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases at Stony Brook Children’s Hospital, Dr. Nachman has been at the forefront of coronavirus care since the beginning of […]
- Ep 61 LinkedIn Local with Beth Granger August 22, 2021Do you know how to leverage LinkedIn as a professional tool at any stage of your career? Have you had a look at TikTok or dropped in on Clubhouse? This week, we chat with LinkedIn expert Beth Granger about social media, her upcoming LinkedIn Local virtual event, and fundraising for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, […]
- Ep. 60 - From the Vault: Planning for a Crisis with Doug Levy August 20, 2021August is vacation time...but crises don't take a holiday. Enjoy this re-air of an episode from our first season: Crisis Planning with Doug Levy, author of "The Communications Golden Hour."See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
- Diasyst: A Remote Patient Monitoring Platform for Diabetic Care August 9, 2021Chun Yong is the CEO and Cofounder of Diasyst, a digital health company based in Atlanta, GA. Diasyst provides best-in-class technologies to help healthcare providers deliver cost-effective virtual care to their patients with chronic conditions. The Covid-19 pandemic accelerated the acceptance of remote patient monitoring technology by providers, patients and payers. CMS recently added financial […]
- Ep 58: Patient Rights Advocate with Cynthia Fisher July 30, 2021Have you ever received a surprise medical bill? Were you ever shocked by how much a hospital charged for medical care? Did you ever wonder why hospital prices vary widely from facility to facility, and sometimes from patient to patient? Cynthia Fisher is a life sciences entrepreneur and investor who was so disturbed seeing friends […]
- Ep. 57 Project Sunshine with Whitney Namm Pollack July 26, 2021Whitney Namm Pollack is Executive Director of Project Sunshine, a non-profit organization that harnesses the power of play to support the psychosocial and developmental needs of children and their families as they face medical challenges. In this episode of Healthcare Confidential, she talks how the organization innovated during the pandemic and how it uses technology […]
- Ep. 56 Price Transparency & Consolidation with Marni Jameson Carey July 18, 2021The 10 largest healthcare systems control 25% of the market, and these hospital systems charge higher prices than markets with healthy competition. President Biden recently signed an Executive Order that impacts price transparency and consolidation in healthcare. Marni Jameson Carey, Executive Director of AID, the Association of Independent Doctors. breaks down what that means for […]
- Ep 55 The LI Alzheimer's & Dementia Center with Tori Cohen July 12, 2021A diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease is devastating, not only for patients but for the entire family. Caring for a loved one with Alzheimer’s is a tremendous challenge that can leave caregivers physically and emotionally depleted. Tori Cohen, Executive Director of the Long Island Alzheimer’s and Dementia Center, is a passionate advocate for Alzheimer’s patients and […]